Friday, April 8, 2016

ROSEHILL THE BEAUTIFUL - 1908

Anyone who has read the stories I have posted on this blog knows how I feel about Rosehill Cemetery on Chicago's north side.  It is a place where one can find beauty wherever they look - be it the beauty of nature or the many beautiful examples of Victorian funerary art.  For the cemetery's 50th anniversary in 1908 the Rosehill Cemetery Company produced a booklet called "Rosehill the Beautiful" with facts about and photos of the cemetery.  The booklet is very scarce but I have a copy in my collection and have decided to share it with my loyal readers, many of whom share my love of Rosehill.

So, have your carriage brought around, and settle back for a trip thru Rosehill the Beautiful as it was in 1908.  Enjoy! 



"As one who wraps the mantle of his couch about him and lies down to pleasant dreams"






































No comments:

Post a Comment