Saturday, August 1, 2020

MASTER OF CEREMONIES OF THE ANNUAL RUDOLPH VALENTINO MEMORIAL SERVICE - Wolfgang (Bud) Gerdes-Testa (Preview)

Longtime readers of this blog know I have always been interested in the life and career of silent film star Rudolph Valentino.  He died on August 23, 1926 and to this day (although probably not this year) there is still a memorial service for him at the Hollywood Cemetery every August 23rd.  For many years I attended the service each August and I was also a featured speaker several times.

The service was actually run by a Hollywood publicist with the unusual name of Wolfgang Gerdes-Testa (he went by "Bud".)  I am going to tell his story this month but I will not release it on August 1st, I will release it on August 23rd, the anniversary of the service.

So, stay well and stay cool, and don't forget to check back on August 23rd.

Bud Testa

No comments:

Post a Comment