Saturday, October 3, 2020

PHOTOGRAPHERS, PISTOLS AND PARASOLS - Mabel Sykes Podcast

Long-time readers of this blog may remember that in June of 2013 I told the story of Mabel Huxley Sykes, noted Chicago photographer and the favorite photographer of silent film superstar Rudolph Valentino.  I was recently contacted by Lee McIntyre who hosts an interesting podcast called "Photographers, Pistols, & Parasols" which tells the stories of early women photographers - women who were professional photographers between 1840-1930.

Lee wanted to to an episode about Mabel Sykes and asked if she could reference my blog story about Mabel.  I was, of course, more than happy to agree.

On October 1, Lee presented her podcast about Mabel Sykes.  You can listen to it here:

http://p3photographers.net/p3p059/

Notwithstanding the fact that she heaped praise upon my blog and my story on Mabel Sykes, Lee has done an outstanding job of presenting Mabel's life and work from her viewpoint.  I really enjoyed listening to it and I'm sure you will too.  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment